North Mankato Convenience Store Fire 29 Dec 11

Several streets in North Mankato were closed Tuesday evening after a fire broke out in the bathroom of a convenience store. The fire at the SuperAmerica at Webster Avenue and Highway 169 started at around 5:30pm when some insulation accidentally caught on fire while a plumber was doing soldering work in a restroom. The store was evacuated and nearby streets were closed as firefighters dismantled parts of a wall and the building’s roof to extinguish the flames. No one was injured. The store expects to re-open in around 3 weeks.