Fire Destroys Lake Crystal Farmhouse 21 Dec 11

A farmhouse in rural Lake Crystal was destroyed by a fire Tuesday night. Fire crews were called to the home about a mile west of Lake Crystal at around 6:45pm, and found the house fully engulfed in flames. One person was apparently home when the fire started, but was able to escape without injury. No firefighters were injured either, and the fire was mostly extinguished by shortly after 10pm. Investigators say the fire appears to have been started by a space heater in the living room, which set a piece of furniture on fire. The house has been declared a total loss. The Good Thunder Fire Department provided mutual aid at the scene.