Two charges of attempted murder are among the 6 counts filed today (MON) against the man accused of shooting four people at the Cook County Courthouse in Grand Marais on Thursday. Forty-two-year-old Daniel Schlienz had just been convicted of 3rd-degree criminal sexual conduct before the shootings, which injured 4 people, including a county attorney and a witness. All of the victims did survive. Schlienz allegedly has no memory of the shootings, and reportedly told his father that he went to his truck after the verdict to get a gun and shoot himself.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today