A bank in St. Peter was robbed at gunpoint Thursday morning. The St. Peter Police Department says that the Wells Fargo Bank on South Minnesota Avenue was held up just before the bank opened at 7am. A white male reportedly displayed a handgun to a bank employee who had just arrived at work and forced the employee into the bank with him as he demanded money. The suspect escaped with an undetermined amount of cash and remains at large. No one was injured. The FBI has been brought in to investigate. The suspect is reportedly about 6-feet tall with a medium build. He was wearing a black mask, a two-tone hooded jacket, black gloves, and light colored pants. Anyone with information on this crime is urged to contact the FBI at (612)376-3200 or the St. Peter Police Department at (507)931-1550. The bank was closed throughout the morning following the hold-up, but was re-opened at Noon.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today