Authorities are investigating a barn fire near Henderson over the weekend that left about 250 hogs dead. Henderson Fire Chief Brandon Phillips says the fire was reported early Sunday by a motorist. The barn was owned by Scott Kotasek, who owns several farms in that area. The burning barn reportedly housed about 400 hogs at the time, but crews were able to cut holes in the walls to let about 150 hogs escape. The rescued hogs were moved to another barn in Renville. Crews were at the scene for about four hours. Firefighters from Le Sueur, Arlington and Belle Plaine assisted at the scene. The fire remains under investigation, but Chief Phillips says an electrical wiring problem might have been the cause.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today