Authorities say that the grand jury dealing with a fatal car crash involving a New Ulm police officer will be convened in late December or early January. The grand jury will determine if charges will be brought against Officer Matthew Rasmussen for his involvement in the July 8th crash in New Ulm. 82-year-old Myra Meyer of New Ulm was turning into the Garden Terrace Apartments driveway with her son, 60-year-old Brian Wichmann of Mankato, when their vehicle was struck by Rasmussen’s squad car. Wichmann died that day and Meyer died 11 days later. Rasmussen suffered non-life threatening injuries. He returned to active duty in September. The state patrol spent several weeks compiling a report on the crash, which will not be made public until the grand jury has completed it’s review of the case. Redwood County Attorney Steve Collins will represent the prosecution for the proceedings.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today