The City of St. Peter celebrates it’s first-ever Oktoberfest this Friday and Saturday. Both days feature great entertainment and several special events, including music by the Wendinger Band and the Bockfest Boys, a Sauerkraut Eating Contest, Lederhosen Contest, and more. Admission is free before 7 o’clock as well. After 7pm a $5 St. Peter Oktoberfest button is required for admission. The festivities are taking place at the corner of Minnesota and Grace, and begin Friday afternoon with a short parade from Third and Park Row to the fest grounds just east of Family Dollar. The musical entertainment starts at 2pm both days, and the drinks from the first keg of beer and root beer will be free. The Oktoberfest proceeds will benefit St. Peter Ambassadors projects in the community.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today