The Sleepy Eye City Council on Tuesday agreed to move forward with more than $3-million worth of street and utility improvements for the next 2 years. The council authorized Sleepy Eye City Engineer Dave Palm to do a preliminary engineering report as well as a topography survey for the priority segments of the 2012 and 2013 projects. The work would include approximately $3.1 million worth of street improvements. The preliminary engineering report will be reviewed at the November 8th Sleepy Eye City Council meeting, and a public hearing on the projects would then likely be held during the council’s meeting this coming January. In other business Tuesday, the city council welcomed the newest Sleepy Eye Police Officer, New Ulm native Amber Wieland.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today