Democratic Governor Mark Dayton and GOP House Speaker Kurt Zellers were in the same party for Saturday morning, a hunting party for Minnesota’s first Governor’s Pheasant Opener. Dayton, Zellers and several others spent a sunny Saturday morning hunting on the Lac qui Parle refuge after kicking off the Governor’s Pheasant Opener in Montevideo. The governor did not bag a bird, although Zellers harvested one. Dayton reportedly had to hold his shot because his press secretary was between him and two roosters the party flushed. By noon the parties had harvested 30 birds and reported flushing well over 150 others. The governor also went out for second try in the afternoon, but was not successful.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today