The dry weather and strong winds of the past few weeks have caused multiple fires in the local area, including 4 fires in just the past 2 days. On Thursday firefighters battled a grass fire on Brown County Road 29 near Evan and a field fire on County Road 10 near Sleepy Eye. On Wednesday a combine caught fire near Highway 19 between Fairfax and Franklin, and there was a cornfield fire just south of Gibbon. There were also field fires near Gaylord on Wednesday, Courtland on Tuesday and Le Sueur on Monday, and 2 more near New Ulm the previous week. Many of these fires did involve combines, with causes varying from wiring issues to blades striking rocks and causing sparks.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today