A 16-year-old girl is in custody facing possible arson charges. The rural Amboy teen was arrested Sunday evening in connection with a pair of fires in southwestern Blue Earth County that appeared to be intentionally set. Firefighters from Amboy, Vernon Center and Mapleton responded to a barn fire at about 5:20pm Sunday, and a fire in a nearby corn field a short time later. The 16-year-old female was reportedly still in the area when authorities arrived and was taken into custody. The barn was a total loss, and there was minor damage to some of the corn in the field. Fire crews were on the scene for about 2 hours. The girl was being questioned by authorities Sunday night, and more information is expected to be released later today (MON).
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year