The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is looking for volunteers in Redwood and Brown Counties who are interested in helping harvest native seeds for use in prairie plantings. DNR area wildlife manager Jeff Zajac says that native seed collection is vital to restoring and expanding prairies. Zajac plans to target remnant prairies in Comfrey, Springfield, Sleepy Eye and Redwood Falls. Seeds will be mature and ready to harvest from the middle of September into early October. Volunteers do not need to bring any special tools or equipment. Anyone who would like to volunteer should call Zajac at 507-637-3552.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today