New royalty was crowned in Norwood Young America this past weekend as part of the Stiftungsfest celebrations. Miss Stiftungsfest 2011 is Emily Koloc. Her Princesses are Afton Wolter and Bailey Cook, who was also named Miss Congeniality. Attendance at Stiftungsfest set new records this year. An estimated 9,000 people attended the festival over the course of the weekend, and around 10,000 more were in town for the once-every-5-years parade on Sunday. Nearly 13,000 burgers were sold over the course of Stiftungsfest as well, along with about a thousand pork chops and 2,000 brats.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!