The driver of a stolen car eluded police during a high-speed chase in Hutchinson early Sunday. The 2008 black Ford Escape was spotted travelling at a high rate of speed on eastbound Highway 7 in Hutchinson at just before 1am Sunday. During the pursuit, the driver momentarily turned off the car’s lights and accelerated, swerving into the westbound lanes of Highway 7 briefly before turning south on Main Street. The chase continued through the parking lot of a bank as well as several residential lawns before officers lost sight of the vehicle. The damage to various properties has been estimated at $1,000. The vehicle was discovered to have been stolen from Meeker County. The investigation into who the driver was continues.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today