A 65-year-old Green Isle man has been charged with a felony in Sibley County Court for allegedly stealing city water. Larry E. Matthews faces one count of theft of services over allegations that he had bypassed a water connection, allowing him to use unmetered water within his home and on his yard. A comparison of water bills between Matthews and his neighbors showed that the neighbors used substantially more water than he did, although he reportedly watered his lawn “constantly.” Based on the comparisons it was learned that the City of Green Isle had lost approximately 200 dollars a year to Matthews over the course of at least 6 years. He faces up to 5 years in prison and 10-thousand dollars in fines for the crime.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!