A home in Garden City was destroyed by a fire on Thursday. The fire at the Mullen residence started around 1pm, and is believed to have been caused by the home’s TV antenna being blown into nearby power lines by the strong winds that were battering the area at the time. The house was quickly engulfed by flames, but a woman and her child that were inside at the time were able to escape unharmed. Fire crews from Lake Crystal and Good Thunder assisted at the scene. A relief fund has been set up for the Mullen family at the Community Bank in Vernon Center.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today