A man under the influence of methamphetamine was on the loose in New Ulm briefly on Thursday after fleeing from authorities outside the Brown County Detox Center. The unidentified man fled from an ambulance at just before 3pm. He was wearing no shoes at the time, and was found by New Ulm police in front of Wells Fargo Bank downtown shortly after the escape. He reportedly refused to comply with the arresting officers until an officer approached him with a taser. He then allowed himself to be taken into custody and was taken back to detox. A 72-hour medical hold for the man had been issued from the Jackson Hospital.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year