Fatal Fire Case Closed 18 Aug 11

A former Minnesota State student death from a fire has been determined as a suicide.

An autopsy showed that 21 year old Ayush Bhattorai died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning due to smoke inhalation.

The investigation showed there was a trail of items that had been burned including a sleeping bag, phone book, two aerosol cans and paper between a closed outside the bedroom and the closet in the bedroom where Bhattorai was found.

Bhattorai was found dead in an apartment in the Highland Hills apartment complex after Mankato Firefighters responded to a report of smoke in the complex about 9pm on August 1.