A 27-year-old New Ulm man faces multiple criminal charges over allegations he broke into a woman’s home and sexually assaulted her. Aaron J. Manko was charged Thursday with 2 counts of 1st-degree burglary, 4th and 5th-degree criminal sexual conduct and trespassing in Brown County Court. He is accused of entering the woman’s home on the 600 Block of South Jefferson Street in New Ulm at around 1am this past Tuesday. The woman apparently awoke to Manko sexually assaulting her and he fled. He was found about 4 hours later and taken into custody. He reportedly told police that he had been trying to contact the woman since she moved, and that she did allow him to come to her residence.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today