The dates for next year’s Bavarian Blast festival in New Ulm have been announced, as well as the details of a special fundraiser coming up next month. Bavarian Blast 2012 will take place July 20th, 21st and 22nd at the Brown County Fairgrounds in New Ulm. Several fundraisers will reportedly be held leading up to next year’s Blast in order to make the festival viable, beginning with a special concert by the Alex Meixner Band on September 27th. The event at the Holiday Inn will include a German meal, a free drink, and the Meixner Band, along with an opening act. All proceeds go to Bavarian Blast. Tickets will be sold at the New Ulm Area Chamber of Commerce office in downtown New Ulm for $47.50. Special “Sponsorship Tables” may be reserved as well. These limited number of tables will seat eight and be closest to the stage. They are on sale for $475. Bavarian Blast organizers urge New Ulm residents and others to come out to the show and get in the Oktoberfest spirit, and support Bavarian Blast.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today